Kiwi Crate is an affiliate of 510families. They produce “seriously fun” art and engineering projects on a subscription basis for ages 0-8, 9-13, and 14+.
Our Kiwi Crate (ages 5-8) included a make your own “Arcade Claw” game. I was instantly attracted to the simple design, and Kai couldn’t wait to dive in and start making. It took us about 30 minutes from start to finish, and he is still playing with it 10 days later.
What we love about Kiwi Crate kits
- Easy instructions.
- Little waste – the instructions included recycling of the box to fully complete the project.
- Requires adult assistance – bonding!
- Good quality – we’re on day 10 and the project is still intact AND being played with.
- Promotes creativity – we’ve used the “claw” for fishing, cleaning up toys, passing toys up and down from one bunk to the other, pinching cheeks!
What we don’t love about Kiwi Crate kits
- Requires adult assistance – you’ll need to chunk off time to put this kit together.
- We have to wait 30 days to get our next box.
Overall, would totally recommend it. We got a six-month subscription as a birthday gift from grandparents (6 months works out to $18.50 a month), and I’ll probably extend it once it’s over. Get your own >