An all-in-one destination dedicated to tiring out your party guests, Pump it Up hopes you can just show up and have fun for your child’s birthday party. Lots of parents are haters, but c’mon, it is just so fun! My son’s fourth birthday was my first time as a host mom and that kid had the time of his life.
Pump it Up Birthday Party Details
What you get from Pump it Up
- Access to one or two bouncing rooms with different features (velcro wall, obstacle course, slide)
- Access to the party room for food and cake afterward (they provide the food if you upgrade the party package).
- Plates, cups, decorations, inflatable throne
What you have to provide
- Cake or cupcakes are BYO (other food not permitted but will be provided if you upgrade your party)
What a party at Pump it Up costs
As of 2018, there are a few basic party packages where prices vary based on number of kids:
- Classic: $335 on weekend or $289 weekday, you and 10 kids bounce yourselves silly for 2 hours. Add $12 per extra child or round up to $429 on weekend or $379 weekday, you and 25 guests get inflatable fun + paper products for 2 hours.
- Deluxe: For an additional $60 (give or take based on current promotions and number of guests), add in extremely average pizza and juice or Pepsi (for $12.75 per child).
- Make it Ultimate: Add in another $100-ish and now you’re getting goody bags and balloons. Woop.
What else you should know
- All participants must wear socks and watch the safety video before participating.
- It’s pretty fun for the adults.
- Sign your child up for the Pump It Up Birthday Club and they will receive a membership certificate and a special gift during the party. Membership in the birthday club gets you deals at other times of the year as well.
Best for ages: 4 to 12. As young as two is welcome; however, there is a minimum height restriction of 34″ to play on the inflatables.
Hours and days: Parties are available weekends or weekdays (for a discount). See website to book or find out more.
Goes great with: A cake or cupcake from the East Bay’s great bakeries.
Do not bring: Outside food, sharp objects, a bad attitude.
Bottom Line: A fun party for energetic kids and the parents who want to tire them out. For reservations call (510) 533-7867 or visit the Pump it Up Oakland website.
[Photos by Eric, used with permission]
3 thoughts on “Oakland Birthday Party Place: Pump it Up”
Pingback: Our birthday party at Pump it Up
Pingback: Things to do with kids in Oakland: Union Point Park Playground
Pingback: Rockin’ Jump in Dublin: A big day of big fun in the East Bay