Putting on a pair of not-sneakers and attending a ballet is an annual tradition for many families.
If you’ve got kids who are ready for a large-scale theater experience for the holidays, here are some local performances to choose from.
- Alameda Civic Ballet’s The Nutcracker: A Holiday Family Favorite
- San Francisco Youth Ballet’s The Nutcracker - a more affordable performance, half off on Goldstar
- ODC Theater @ Yerba Buena in SF presents The Velveteen Rabbit, a ballet.
- Orinda Ballet Academy & Company presents “A Sweet Dream Nutcracker” at the Orinda Library Theater (one BART stop plus a 10-minute walk from Rockridge)
- ACT’s A Christmas Carol in San Francisco
- Berkeley Ballet Theater’s The Nutcracker
- Oakland Ballet’s The Nutcracker at The Paramount Theater. (Sold separately, a “Sweet Dreams” ticket allows children to meet and greet the Sugar Plum Fairy after the show.
- Berkeley City Ballet’s The Nutcracker (performed in Fremont)