Putting on a pair of non-sneakers and attending a ballet is an annual tradition for many families. My son and I attended Yo Gabba Gabba Live AND went to Disneyland last week, so I think I’m done. If you’ve got more large-scale theater energy to spread around this month, here are some of the local performances to choose from.
- Alameda Civic Ballet’s The Nutcracker: A Holiday Family Favorite (Discount tickets available on Goldstar – just sign up for free email newsletter.)
- San Francisco Youth Ballet’s The Nutcracker - a more affordable performance, also half off on Goldstar
- ODC Theater @ Yerba Buena in SF presents The Velveteen Rabbit, a ballet.
- Orinda Ballet Academy & Company presents “A Sweet Dream Nutcracker” at the Orinda Library Theater (one BART stop plus a 10-minute walk from Rockridge)
- ACT’s A Christmas Carol in San Francisco
- Berkeley Ballet Theater’s The Nutcracker
- Oakland Ballet’s The Nutcracker at The Paramount Theater
- Berkeley City Ballet’s The Nutcracker (performed in Fremont)