Thank you to Filoli for sponsoring our guide to our favorite safe and festive Christmas and holiday activities in the East Bay. Where to go for merry outings and more!
We found so many lovely events, activities, performances, and outings in celebration of the Christmas season, you might have a hard time choosing a few that sound best for your family.
Holidays at Filoli
From Nov. 20, 2021, to Jan. 2, 2022, Filoli’s historic House and Garden shines with glittering lights and decor, festive experiences, and holiday merriment for all. In the Garden during Holidays at Filoli, visitors can find dazzling light displays including a river of lights, a Yew tree rainbow, and other vibrant installations that are sure to cause squeals of delight. 510families loves Filoli for mixed-age outings with grandparents and grandchildren.
Santa Weekends at Filoli are on December weekends leading up to Christmas (Dec. 4 – 19) for your group to take a selfie with Santa in the Woodland Garden Court near the cozy fire pits. Stroll the Garden aglow — day and night — and break for mulled wine, whiskey cider, or hot chocolate. Santa visits are included with your regular paid admission. psst, visits are outdoors and this Santa is fully vaccinated.
- Wander among the gardens in the dark winter evenings | Photo: Jeff Bartee for Filoli
- See Santa Claus in the Woodland Garden for selfies | Photo: Jeff Bartee for Filoli
- Santa Claus is ready for high fives & Christmas wishes | Photo: Tiffany Zabala for Filoli
- Interior buildings are lavishly decorated with 20+ trees on display | Photo: Gino de Grandis for Filoli
- Daytime visits reveal peak fall colors illuminated by the winter sun and glittering holiday lights. | Photo: Filoli
Upcoming East Bay Christmas Events for Kids & Families
Here are 20 cool Christmas events for families coming soon. Our calendar picks keep changing. Check back for more inspiration throughout the holiday season!