Hey movie lovers, the Bay Area International Children's Film Festival 2017 (BAICFF) takes place this March in Oakland, and the programming is more than just screen-time.
When: March 10-12, 2017
Where: Chabot Space and Science Center, Skyline Drive, Oakland, CA
We are delighted to partner with Common Sense Media to present “How to Be a Kid Critic” at this year's festival. Our children are consuming an enormous amount of media, often filled with conflicting information. “We can't cover our kids' eyes, but we can teach them to see,” said Common Sense Media founding editor in chief, Liz Perle. In this workshop, kids will develop their media literacy skills, learning what it means to evaluate media critically through discussion and hands-on activities. Participants will see film clips and review them based on Common Sense's unique rating system. They will also be shown a selection of news stories and learn why it's so important not to take everything they see in the media at face value.
- Guest Adult: $25 / Youth: $14
- 2-day Weekend Pass: Adult $35 / Youth: $20
- Member Adult: $15 / Youth: $7
- Member Weekend Pass: $35 (up to 2 adults & 2 children)
- Tickets can also be purchased at the Front Desk on the day of the event
- All tickets include General Admission to the Chabot Space Center
See the BAICFF website for show line-up and details to figure out if your child might enjoy attending.