I can’t believe I had been intimidated by this awesome neighborhood gaming spot. Luckily, my five-year old urged us into It’s Your Move Games, and I'm so glad she did.
The staff was friendly; other parent-kid customers were having fun; and the games were nicely organized by suggested age and type. They can special order anything you want.
My top five reasons this store is worth a visit:
- Try before you buy. You can play games in the store for a small donation. The staff can even teach you how to play the games.
- Rental! You can also rent games to take home for only $2 a day, if you aren't ready to purchase just yet.
- Parties. If you have a game-lover in the family, you can throw a birthday party here.
- Game nights. Open gaming nights for youth and adults: various role playing games, a Scrabble club, Go club, open gaming nights and more. Check the calendar of events.
- The owners. Run by very knowledgeable, approachable and local parents. I love supporting local business.
4920 Telegraph Ave. Oakland around the corner from Doughnut Dolly.
Great for cold or rainy days when you need to get out of the house for a bit! Read more about my visit to It's Your Move.
[All photos by Rebecca Matthews]