Playgrounds are reopening in the East Bay and San Francisco this week. Berkeley playgrounds will officially reopen Friday, October 16. San Francisco playgrounds will open on Wednesday, October 14. Alameda County playgrounds are also reopening as they pass inspections and introduce new signage. Contra Costa Outdoor Playgrounds are open.
If the caution tape is gone, your playground is (almost definitely!) open.
Here are some guidelines issued by the City of Berkeley for playground visits that work for other places, too:
- Keep face coverings on anyone over the age of 2 😷
- Use playgrounds only when 6 feet of distance or a posted capacity limit is met 📏
- Consider alternate, less busy times ⌚️
- Don’t eat or drink while at playgrounds 🍏
- Wash or sanitize hands before and after use 🙌🏽
- Limit use to 30 minutes ⏰
- Avoid coming to playgrounds if you are over age 60 or have underlying health conditions that put you at higher risk of severe COVID-19 illness. 👵🏻