We have no current information about Halloween candy buybacks in 2022. This information from 2021 might have some useful links to do your own research.
Do you cringe at the amount of candy your child gets trick-or-treating? I love the fun of the Halloween experience, but I don’t want piles of sugar in my house for the next few months. Halloween candy buybacks are great for that! Participating dentists offer money in exchange for Halloween loot.
What: Swap candy for cash.
Trick-or-treaters are invited to drop off their unopened candy in the days after Halloween. Kids will be paid about $1 per pound of unopened candy, which is either trashed in a grand ceremony or sent to first responders, veterans, and deployed troops abroad.
[Not ready to sell back candy? See our East Bay Halloween events round-up]
2022 Halloween candy buyback
- Total Health Dental Care (East Bay locations: Berkeley, Oakland, Emeryville): For 2022, they’ll pay your child $2 per pound of candy. The kid must be with you in the office at the time of drop-off. Offer valid Nov. 1-11.
Halloween candy buyback programs in the East Bay (from years past)
In the past, more local dentists have also provided cash for candy. At this time, I don’t think any of them are operating the program. I list them here in case that changes.
- Veranda Kids’ Club (Concord)
- Alameda Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics (Alameda)
- Dr. Linh Cao-Chan (El Cerrito)
- Lake Merritt Dental (Oakland)
- Contra Costa Children’s Dentistry (Walnut Creek)
Do you know any dentists offering cash for candy? Please share in the comments.