Fun things to do with a toddler or young preschooler in the Bay Area. We’ve rounded up all the best stuff to do with a three-year old in the East Bay and beyond. Need tips on area museums and fun destinations? You’re welcome!
Pushing a baby through a museum is all about the YOU with occasional pit stops to feed or change your companion. But a two- or three-year old? They have very strong opinions about where you go and what you do. I wanted to create a guide to fun places in the Bay Area for preschoolers to help parents navigate the many awesome attractions from their level:
- Berkeley’s Lawrence Hall of Science highlights for three-year olds
- Oakland’s Fairyland, a first-timer’s guide
- Walnut Creek’s Lindsay Wildlife Museum, a guide for three-year olds
- San Francisco’s Exploratorium picks for three-year olds
- San Francisco’s Cal Academy of Sciences guide for preschoolers
- Sausalito’s Bay Area Discovery Museum, three is the sweet spot!
- San Mateo’s CuriOdyssey at Coyote Point: a super half-day trip with a toddler
- Monterey Bay Aquarium highlights for three-year olds
Do you have an opinionated three-year old? If so, I’d love for you to add to the body of knowledge available to other parents.
[Top photo originally by Megan Small but I pic’monkeyed with it; second photo by Heather Flett]