The Spectacular California Academy of Sciences is reopening to the public on Wednesday, March 17 with tickets going on sale one week prior. We’re very excited to visit T-Rex again and check out their new exhibits.
California Academy’s Covid-19 Changes – what’s open, what’s not
- Closures of some exhibits (Planetarium, Curiosity Grove, and Discovery Tidepool.) Hands-on exhibits will be modified.
- Entry into the Rainforest and will be by reservation only for distancing. Upon arrival, request a QR code to make a reservation.
- Outdoor dining space will be available and food will be available for purchase.
- There will one-way paths through areas like the Amazon Flooded Forest Tunnel and Academy Store.
Cal Academy’s Covid-19 Safety Protocols, Rules & Restrictions
Advance reservations required. All guests ages 3 and up must wear a mask, inside and outside. As expected, there will be enhanced cleaning and disinfection throughout the day. Nice to know: they’ve improved the airflow and filtration with an updated HVAC system.
Plan your Visit to Cal Academy:
- Monday–Saturday: 9:30 am–5 pm
- Sunday: 11 am–5 pm
- Purchase tickets >
- Children 2 & under are free
- Website >
- Address: 55 Music Concourse Drive, San Francisco
- Phone: (415) 379-8000
[All photos by Julia Gidwani]