The Alameda County Fair in Pleasanton is a traditional fair with carnival rides and games; award-winning quilts and pigs; and booths offering treats like funnel cakes and deep-fried pickles.
In 2022, the Alameda County Fair runs from Wednesday to Sunday from June 17 through July 10. Hours are 10 to 10 on weekends and 3 pm to 10 pm on weekdays.
Family-friendly highlights of the County Fair:
- Carnival games run the entire time. Slides and rides do get HOT.
- Each night, a different kid-friendly movie is scheduled at 6 pm on the concert lawn. I don’t know how they’re planning to do it when it won’t be dark yet, but that’s what they tell me. Check the schedule here >
- Each night a different concert is scheduled for 8 pm. Concert tickets include fair admission, but not necessarily vice versa. It’s a lot of throwback shows.
- At 9:30 pm, once the kids are good and exhausted, there’s a nighttime drone light show over the grandstand.
Plan your visit to the 2022 Alameda County Fair in Pleasanton
Admission and Ride Fees
While pre-purchase isn’t required, it will simplify your day. Purchase admission tickets separately or add on wristband access (rides) or concert tickets at the same time. Pre-buy your tickets to sorta save $2/$3 at the gate.
Admission prices get you through the gate, but you’ll need tickets or wristbands to get on the rides. Double-check prices here and pre-book if you can.
At this time, we don’t know of any discounts or savings deals. We’ll let you know if that changes.
Deals & Discounts at the Fair
- Every day, CHILDREN 5 & UNDER ARE FREE.
- June 17, Opening Day. Free admission before 3 pm.
- June 19, Father’s Day. Dads enter free before 3 pm.
- June 22, Pet Food Drive. Free admission AND $1 rides when you bring needed pet supplies.
- June 29, Food Drive. Free admission AND $1 rides when you bring needed food donations.
- July 4, First Responder Day. First responders enter free before 3 pm.
- July 6, Dollar Rides. $1 rides until 5 pm.
- See all the specifics on these deals, especially the approved donations list.
Getting to the Alameda County Fair
Location: 4501 Pleasanton Ave., Pleasanton
To BART: Take BART to the Dublin/Pleasanton Station then catch the WHEELS Fair Shuttle (Route 52) to the Fairgrounds — all day, every day of the Fair, until closing.
Parking fees: General Parking $14.