Berkeley’s Little Farm is open for reservation from February 18 through June 26. After which time, walk-ins are welcome. Once you get there, this working farm is fantastic and free. For the price of a stalk of celery, you can get up-close-and-personal with cows, pigs, chickens, bunnies, and more.
How to snag your (free) spot for Tilden’s Little Farm
Little Farm is open for reservation from February 18 through June 26. After which time, walk-ins are welcome.
- Create your account including family members. Website >>
- Search for Tilden Little Farm Visit (heads up: this interface is frustrating!)
- Look for dates with availability up to two weeks in advance.
Little Farm’s Covid-19 Safety Protocols, Rules & Restrictions
- Up to six people from one household are allowed per group and they must enter the farm together.
- Late arrivals may not be admitted. Please allow for parking and plan to arrive five minutes before your assigned reservation.
- Please plan on staying at the farm for about 45 minutes.
- All visitors over two-years old must wear face coverings at all times while on the farm.
- Everyone must keep 6 feet from those outside their household group and follow the suggested path around the farm.
- Each visitor may bring up to 3 ribs of celery to feed the animals.
- Snacks for humans should be enjoyed outside the farm area.
- Restrooms on the farm will be open.
- Rain cancels.
- If anyone in your party is not feeling well, please cancel your registration and sign up for another day.
Why we love this farm for families!
Do you (or your small child) have an attention span to short for the zoo? Are you prone to tantrums and meltdowns? The Little Farm welcomes all for $0.
Follow the signs for the Nature Center on the Marin end of the sprawling Tilden Park (not the Steam Trains end of the park). Park in the lot. Enjoy running around the big field or playing on the playground structure before or after your farm experience.
The Little Farm is usually open daily, year-round, from 8:30 am to 4 pm. As of June 18, 2021 open hours are:
- Sunday 10 am to noon
- Monday closed
- Tuesday 1 pm to 3 pm
- Wednesday closed
- Thursday 1 pm to 3 pm
- Friday 1 pm to 3 pm
- Saturday 10 am to noon
Other tips to enjoy Little Farm with little kids:
- Clean bathrooms and paths are available.
- The Environmental Education Center (EEC) remains closed.
- The playground near the parking lot is great for toddlers and preschoolers (though it is rated for 5 and up) but NOT if your kid likes to bolt away from you since it is lacking a fence.
- No food is available.
Still have energy after your visit to the farm? There is a brief hike around Jewel Lake that preschoolers love. Be warned: It’s a bit much for toddlers and not stroller-friendly.
[Photo credit: EBRPD, Whitney Moss, Brandi Riley, Heather Flett, all rights reserved]