Thanks to the folks at Color Me Mine in Alameda for helping us put together this superfun list of things to do with kids in Alameda.
Here are 25 terrific things to do with kids in Alameda
Where to play with kids in Alameda
- Paint ceramics with your family at Color Me Mine, naturally. It's in the Alameda South Shore Center.
- Climb the rock wall at The Bladium, a sports club for families with tons of fun activities for kids.
- Swing from the monkey bars at Lincoln Park Playground and use all the equipment to burn off energy before nap.
- Climb and jump or chill with costumes and puzzles at the new Swings and Wings sensory based play-space.
- Become a Pinball Wizard at Pacific Pinball Museum or High Scores Arcade.
- Swim in a clean, heated pool at AquaTech during drop-in times, for kids as young as eight weeks old!
- Drop the kids off at Kids Night Out at Color Me Mine, held one Saturday per month.
- Drop in for playtime at Twirl, where kids can make art and engage in imaginative play.
- Check out the Bay creatures in the 800-gallon aquarium system at the Crab Cove Visitor Center. Play at the spacious playground and fields of Washington Park before or after.
- Little children will love the Wee Play toddler activity classes three times each week. Big kids will like the cool classes & camps always happening through the Recreation and Park Department.
- Knock down the pins at the Bowlero Alameda on Park Street. Check the website for weekly specials.
- Play, play, play at Franklin Park. Some parents call it paradise.
- Tumble, day or night, at Ruby's Tumbling with regular classes and night care.
- Take in a movie at the beautiful Alameda Theater, and don't miss the cheap summer movie program!
Where to explore with kids in Alameda
- Bike your way along the new path on Shore Line Drive. Find more paved and gravel cycling paths here.
- Wander the sprawling outdoor Alameda South Shore Center in search of a meal or a deal. There's enough treat shops and fun stops to entertain the kids plus a pizza place where you can order it as plain as you want and a colorful play structure (pictured below).
- Enjoy the massive expanse of shallow water and great views at Crown Beach. Older kids might try stand-up paddle boarding (SUP!)
- Check out the Farmers' Market on Tuesday and Saturday on Webster & Haight [Schedule].
- Test drive your newest trike or bike on the many walking paths along the bay or lagoons on Bay Farm Island.
- Walk aboard nautical history. Visit the USS Hornet aircraft carrier that served in World War II and Apollo recovery which is open daily from 10 am to 5 pm, special overnight adventures available.
- Explore the largest Antique Faire/Flea Market in Northern California at Alameda Point, first Sunday each month. Collectibles are all more than 20 years old, including furniture, sporting equipment, Matchbox cars, apparel, dolls, and vintage toys. (This is more fun as a babywearing outing and less fun as a bored-five-year-old-pulling-your-arm outing.)
- Save one December night to stroll down Alameda's legendary Christmas Tree Lane and enjoy the community vibe.
- Sweeney Open Space is a wide open play area with paths and room to run or scooter. Right nearby, visit the inclusive playground at Littlejohn Park. The play structure has all kinds of neat and unusual qualities.
Where to eat with kids in Alameda
- Enjoy delicious ice cream between two homemade cookies at Cookiebar Creamery on Webster Street.
- Choose between galati, custard, or Italian Ice. You can't go wrong at Rita's Italian Ice at South Shore.
[Look for restaurants to eat outside in Alameda]
Upcoming Events for Alameda Kids
Thursday, July 9, 2020
|10:15 am - 10:45 am|| Mother Goose on the Loose Storytime (0-2yrs)|
This fast paced lap-sit program for little ones and their...
|11:00 am - 9:00 pm|| 2 for $20 Pinball Play - Tue & Thu|
Play over 90 pinball games EVERY Tuesday and Thursday -...
|11:00 am - 11:45 am|| Preschool Storytime @Main Library|
Preschool story time is for children ages 3 and above...
|3:30 pm - 4:30 pm|| STEAM Thursdays (4-10y) @West End Branch|
Join on the second Thursday of each month for a...
|3:30 pm - 4:30 pm|| Tween Crafts @Bay Farm Branch|
Kids in grades 4-8, come be creative with Liz at...
Friday, July 10, 2020
|10:00 am - 2:00 pm|| AquaBaby Drop-in Swim|
Recreational pool time for babies and toddlers ages 8 weeks –...
|10:00 am - 1:00 pm|| Wee Play (6mo-3yrs)|
Come and experience Alameda’s play center for infants and toddlers...
Thanks again for all these great ideas for things to do with kids in Alameda, Color Me Mine! See you around the island!
Color Me Mine is located at 2205 South Shore Center Alameda, CA. Call with questions about dropping in, birthday parties, and parent's nights out: 510.521.8893